Vintage Glassware – Update 4

Backstitching on the first seven goblets from page one is complete. Blending in well with the design and definitely worth the extra work, methinks.

This is how it looked without –

Now on to page two and the remaining five goblets.

It’s the small things

After deciding to add backstitching to this project I started with the first goblet this morning, making the colour choices as I went along.

Just a few stitches in, I knew it was exactly the right decision. Look at the swirly handles.

 

The first goblet is finished now, the backstitching is blending in, at the same time making quite a difference.

Next update after finishing the yellow one – this one will look quite different then.

Caution! Fragile!

my new palette – a few DMC threads, mostly Anchor and some Rico

This time I’m stitching a project so kitschy 😉 that it’s good again – Vintage Glassware, a design by Marie Barber from the April 2017 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.

Special effects:

  • replacing the suggested Caron Collection Waterlilies Hand-Dyed Variegated Silk Floss (047 lemon n lime) by some variegated DMC and Anchor floss from my stash
  • added backstitching

Project shenanigans:

  • using black 16 ct Aida
  • stitching from the original colour chart
  • without marking off


For the reflection I replaced the suggested Caron Waterlilies 047, using one strand of Anchor 2 and one strand of DMC 99. The original chart doesn’t have backstitching but as I think the contrast could be better in some places I’ll add some later.