The first top is finished and waiting to be quilted. I’ve chosen a name, it’s one of the words from the hand lettered fabric – Wirkungsvoll (effective).
While working on the second one, I was so focussed on sewing that I forgot to add the solid fabric bits. They were placed on the table just beside the project, but I didn’t notice. 🙄 This time I pressed the seams apart – much better. I’m going to add the other pieces later.
And now I’m ready for a weekend piecing together any scraps and strips I can find. Art lab time 🙂
Stay safe and healthy out there!
It’s Aspiring Sewing Artist time again! 😉
Today I tested a pattern from the former Austrian Patchwork- und Quiltjournal to get some sewing practice. The ‘page for the young quilter’ had small bags from Christmas fabrics. As I didn’t have the stiff interfacing that was needed I used some fabric from my pile of cut up old blue jeans. A couple of small mistakes (note to self: read carefully and follow the pattern steb by step) and some tricky turning later I had a small bag. Finished size is approximately 11 cms.
Recently my sister asked me if I wanted to have one of her picture frames. She didn’t want it anymore and described the colour as something between lime and neon green, she wasn’t sure if it was plastic or wood, maybe it could be repainted. I took a look and discovered it still got the original artwork which turned out to be a small collage made of a broken solar panel. Cool. Mine.
As it was a wooden frame with mat paint it could be easily changed. First I applied a layer of black acrylic paint to which I added some texture with a sponge brush. After it had dried I mixed some light blue pearl acrylic with a dash of black and dabbed this onto the black paint in a slightly uneven way for a cloud-like effect. I had thought of adding some sparkling holographic foiling but I like it as it turned out and don’t want to spoil it.
Just for the record, this is how it looked like before. Improvement highly recommended. 😉