After a totally mad day just a quick one today. My first Wingspan, made from one ball Lang Jawoll Magic Superwash (#84.0079), 100 grams, needles 2.5 mm.
But with the help of a detailed photo I found in the depths of the net it wasn’t too hard to figure out the pattern. 😉
My second Wingspan scarf in three colours. I used Lang Jawoll Magic Superwash (#84.0005, #84.0028 and #84.0011), 200 grams total, needle size 2.5 mm.
Knit in 2012, the pattern came as a free download then. When I searched on Ravelry for the link I noticed they charge for the pattern now (it can be found here). Look at the different results you get by using different yarns or tweaking the pattern – amazing!
It’s looking a little more complicated than it is – just short rows with a wrap & turn.
Well, almost. I just need to weave in a couple of ends. 😉
It looks a lot more blue than it is in reality but as usual, it was hard to get the colours right in the picture. This one comes closer to the real thing –
This is my version of Franki Brown’s Ten Stitch Twist. The second one, to be exact. I frogged the first one because I didn’t like the colour scheme.
I used a couple of sock yarns from my stash, about 680 grams total. You can find some information on the yarns on the Ten Stitch Twist project page. The pattern also had an instruction for a tapered edge but I have to admit I didn’t get it (neither in English nor in German) so I simply bound off. My brain isn’t what it used to be these days. *sigh*
I have finished knitting the seventh colour now and started the last one (not shown in picture above). Find out about the yarns I used on the TST project page here.
First of all apologies for being a little absent from blogging and commenting recently.
A few things beyond my control kept me busy. And my day job is killing me. Not that I have too much to do, au contraire. I’ve only got work to do for a small part of the day, which is horrible as I’m unable to do anything else during the time I wait for the next thing to do. Absolutely draining mentally and physically. I’m working on a solution.
But, back to the topic, no plans for 2016 doesn’t mean I don’t have any (in fact they kept multiplying for at least one year) but I’m not blogging about them because I failed last year in most parts, so I’m just letting things go easy this year. 🙂 I have chosen five main projects and created virtual project baskets instead of my old project list. I’ll work mainly on these projects, if one is finished another one will follow. Hope this works.
I’m also busy working behind the scenes of my blogs. Also, some surprise projects are on their way or in planning stage. All in good time.
But despite the distress in real life I still managed to finish some projects with a couple of them not blogged about. Maybe I can manage to slip in the odd post some time or another.
Last but not least I want to thank my followers and readers for just being there. You keep me going. ♥
It’s been a little quiet around here lately. But I haven’t been idle. Among other things, I was working on the refinement of the knitted hexies – which didn’t prove successful in the end. So I frogged what I had and went looking for another pattern. I ended up with my volume of Brigitte häkeln from the 70s, tried the crochet hexies et voilá!
The hexies are about the same size as the knitted ones and also take the same time to make (fifteen minutes each), using a 2 mm hook. I’ll need at least 1,188 hexies if I stick to the planned size. Estimated time for delivery: early winter 2017.