Scrappy (UL 6)

Finishing Scrappy went faster than expected. (Plus, I’ve finished a second one which I will blog about tomorrow.)

A side project after finishing Disappearing Nine Patch made from the leftover scraps, this is the original top.

I was quite unhappy with the wide sashing strips so I followed a suggestion to cut the top apart –

– and then add some more scraps. I had a couple of matching stuff in my stash as well as the odd leftover from the original top.

Simple, but very effective. A winner! Big thanks got to Kate from Tall Tales from Chiconia for saving this piece.

Finished size is 56 x 69 cms, no batting, no quilting. Binding and backing fabric is a cream marbled cotton/polyester fabric.

Advertisements

Scrappy

There were a few scraps left after my Disappearing Nine-Patch top was finished. I’ve made them into a mini-quilt top. Still some strips left, but they will go back to the stash.

Please welcome Scrappy.

‘Scrappy’ top