More finishes in 2019

I was so busy making things that posting my finished projects got a little delayed. Here they come, with not too much words.

Starting with Electric Blue (finished size 62 x 93 cms)

Corner solution, front

machine quilting with decorative stitches


This is called Satsuma (finished size 43 x 61 cms)

hand quilting

The next one is a Disappearing Nine Patch thingy – feel free to call it whatever you like – a placemat, a table mat, a doll un-quilt … (finished size 35 x 50 cms)

Made from a set of fabric samples I bought years ago (one project bag emptied)

A book cover, fits an A5 size journal. Made from a freestyle panel I made a couple of months ago from left over strips. I thought one of the embroidered squares from Afghanistan might be a good addition.

back and inside

Two more panels made into cushion covers, finished size 50 x 50 cms approx. Ammonites were crocheted and appliquéd onto samples of decorator’s fabric with an added strip of neutral cotton fabric. And that’s another two projects off the UFO Lottery list. 🙂

George had a bit of trouble dealing with the new Zickzackloop (zigzag loop scarf) 😉

And last but not least my new planner/journal/diary for 2020, made from an A4 journal my sister gave me – orange cover with company logo, so I wrapped it in some decorative gift paper. Again, it’s completely handdrawn and decorated (you can spot this year’s model in the background).

Oh, wait, there’s one more … No title yet, but it looks like this (finished size 38 x 43 cms)

Squares (size 9 cms) were laid out, sewn together, cut vertically, rearranged and sewn back together, then the same vertically (sorry for the poor lighting conditions). And another project bag emptied.

For sale

In August I joined a new (and only short lived, alas) group of creative people, meeting once a week. This was the spark that lit up my creativity again.

The people running the project not only provided a free room but also supplied various material – knitting yarns and needles, among others. The things we were to make from the material were expected to be donated for a future sale.

This is what I donated –

My first project was a pair of socks. Yarn is Regia Design Line in the Kaffe Fassett colourway.

The second project is a Wingspan scarf. Yarn is Regia 4-fädig (4-ply), colour # 04463.
Pattern source: Wingspan

Zigzag Loop Scarf

Another appearance by George, my faithful scarf model. 🙂

This time he’s wearing my version of Beate Zäch’s Zickzackloop (zigzag loop scarf). I was given the pattern by a friend. Unfortunately, I can’t link to Ms Zäch’s pattern (in German) as her site is currently unavailable.

I loved making this so much – a second version is on its way, with a little twist. More about that when it’s finished.

Scarves by the baker’s dozen (13) – 504 King West (UL 22)

Two birds with one stone – a finished triangular scarf from the UFO Lottery’s second round. This is the last scarf I’m bothering you with. 🙂

Knit with 3 mm needles following a pattern I found on Ravelry, great for using up those leftover yarns from other projects. This one was almost finished except for the pistacchio border. I wanted to use a contrasting yarn but didn’t have anything in my stash I could use. Until I knit the socks for my sister.

Very bad lighting conditions yesterday noon, so I had to use a flash. Blue wooden hanger hand painted by me.

Yarns used:
– Lang Jawoll Magic Superwash in red/orange/rust (#84.0063), 25 grams
– Pro Lana Meine Wolle Pro Socks Smaragd in cream/beige/gray (#161), 49 grams (I doubt if it was the proper band the ball came with – ‘Smaragd’ meaning ’emerald’ in English)
– H&W Comfort Sockenwolle uni in pistacchio green (#203.128), a scrap

Scarves by the dozen (12) – Wedges

The Wedges scarf was knit for my former Low German blog and came together with my original pattern. Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to translate it into English yet. For the last ten days there has been a little problem that required my attention (read: recurrent flooding of the basement, I’m glad it was only the drain 💧and not the sewers 💩).

Yarn is Red Heart Sport Socks Color (#00001) in beige and Gründl Hot Socks Country (#35) in blue and green, 100 grams each, 2.5 mm needles.

Scarves by the dozen (11) – Shaggy

Knit in garter stitch with 4.5 mm needles

Two different eyelash yarns (Brazilia) combined with two different acrylics – and a poor worker who had to knot several lengths of these yarns together for a 150 gram ball of Schachenmayr Brazilia Hip (#1459) – 60 % polyester, 28 % polyacrylic (microfiber), 12 % polyacrylic.

Scarves by the dozen (9) – Seafoam

The first time I tried a dropstitch pattern – unfortunately I have forgotten which one (this was made back in 2013). A quick search on Ravelry and nothing familiar showed up although they had various ‘Seafoam’ dropstitch scarves.

Yarn is GGH Goa (#101), 50 % cotton and 50 % polyacrylic, 250 grams, 5 mm needles.

A drop stitch pattern is made by yarning over several times according to the pattern before you knit a stitch and then you drop the yarn overs in the next row. Sounds frightening at first.

Scarves by the dozen (8) – Tube Scarf

Hello, my name is George. Some of you may remember me, I’ve been modelling for Jule before. This is her turquoise and orange Tube Scarf I’m wearing. It came in very handy because we had some snow today. And because it’s a tube I can stick my hands or feet into the ends to warm them.

Knit in the round on 3 mm dpns with Zentex Chic mit Glanz (#02) (56 % cotton/44 % viscose), 200 grams