More finishes in 2019

I was so busy making things that posting my finished projects got a little delayed. Here they come, with not too much words.

Starting with Electric Blue (finished size 62 x 93 cms)

Corner solution, front

machine quilting with decorative stitches

 

This is called Satsuma (finished size 43 x 61 cms)

hand quilting

The next one is a Disappearing Nine Patch thingy – feel free to call it whatever you like – a placemat, a table mat, a doll un-quilt … (finished size 35 x 50 cms)

Made from a set of fabric samples I bought years ago (one project bag emptied)

A book cover, fits an A5 size journal. Made from a freestyle panel I made a couple of months ago from left over strips. I thought one of the embroidered squares from Afghanistan might be a good addition.

back and inside

Two more panels made into cushion covers, finished size 50 x 50 cms approx. Ammonites were crocheted and appliquĂ©d onto samples of decorator’s fabric with an added strip of neutral cotton fabric. And that’s another two projects off the UFO Lottery list. 🙂

George had a bit of trouble dealing with the new Zickzackloop (zigzag loop scarf) 😉

And last but not least my new planner/journal/diary for 2020, made from an A4 journal my sister gave me – orange cover with company logo, so I wrapped it in some decorative gift paper. Again, it’s completely handdrawn and decorated (you can spot this year’s model in the background).

Oh, wait, there’s one more … No title yet, but it looks like this (finished size 38 x 43 cms)

Squares (size 9 cms) were laid out, sewn together, cut vertically, rearranged and sewn back together, then the same vertically (sorry for the poor lighting conditions). And another project bag emptied.

Wheels – finished

Finally! It’s quilted, it’s squared up, it’s finished. And if it were only two centimeters wider, it wouldn’t have fitted the wall in my hallway between the doors.

Finished size is 111 x 142 cms. The pattern comes from the Fall 2013 issue of Burda Patchwork Quilts & Applizieren and is designed by Evelyn Zuber (original title ‘Mother Earth’).

It’s entirely hand pieced using the English paper piecing method, the center stars in each wheel are hand quilted as well as the rust and grey pentagons in the two big wheels. The binding was machine stitched to the front and hand sewn to the back.

 

Fixed! Friday 39

Welcome to the next part of Fixed! Friday.

Last working day before I’m having two weeks off. I hope to get some serious business done – my list of projects is endless. With a little luck, I will at least finish one or two of them. And yes, patchwork is on the list, too. 😉

Snowflake

From Pattern On Pattern by Ruth B. McDowell. Original size of the smallest triangle was 7.5 cms/3″, but I reduced this to 2.5 cms/1″, because otherwise I would now be the owner of a really huge piece.

Hand quilted with gold, silver and copper metallic threads.

Started 1994, finished September 1995, 107 x 93 cms, 792 pieces

Next week on Fixed! Friday: Kristall

Fixed! Friday 37

Welcome to the next part of Fixed! Friday.

Another week without patchwork. I did some knitting at work because the boss had taken a couple of days off. Also some more rearranging of my blogs, hoping to start my photoblogging again on the weekend.

Cabin Lights

The pattern comes from Quiltmaker magazine #39. One of the few pieces I have ever quilted. I used silver and gold metallic threads for my hand quilting.

Made between July 1995 and July 1997, 81 x 81 cms, 792 pieces

Next week on Fixed! Friday: SchrÀge Typen

Fixed! Friday 33

Welcome to the next part of Fixed! Friday.

Still nothing new on the patchwork front, but I finished knitting a scarf (and started two new ones). Still have to weave in the ends on this one and a couple of others.

Bargello Quilt

I’ve started this way back in 1992/93. One of the few quilted items I made so far. It keeps me warm on cold days.

Next week on Fixed! Friday: Baby Blocks