Fossil Echinocorys

echi02A couple of days ago there was a new entry on NatureKnits (formerly known as Pipknits) that reminded me of an old project that hadn’t made it onto my project list because I had simply forgotten to add it. It’s still a secret one, so patience, dear reader. Instead, I took one of the fossil patterns from the OddKnit site and made an Echinocorys in less than one hour from some leftover white DK acrylic yarn on 4 mm dpns, therefore it’s quite large. I started with a belemnite but frogged it at about 3 centimeters because of its alarming size and the indecent shape it seemed to develop. Unsuitable for a G rated blog. 😀

echi01

Advertisements