DWXS2 Update

Not the new SAL project yet, but an update on my DWXS2 cross stitch project. I made some progress recently while my boss was away on holiday and I had a little spare time at the office. 🙂

This is what I had last time:

I have moved the links that lead you to the blogs of the SAL participants to the left sidebar. (Edit: removed) Even if not everyone is posting everytime and we are scattered in different time zones around the globe, their blogs are always worth visiting.

Advertisements

The TARDIS Is Over There

Three of the pattern sheets and most of #4 are finished. Now it’s time to find out who the owner might be. Not too hard to guess with his stripy suit. 😉

And now for something completely different

You may have noticed I posted a little less recently and only left the occasional comment. It’s not that I haven’t got anything to write about. There are lots of ideas in my head, ready to be typed. I turn on the computer, open the new file and – POP! The words are gone like a bursting soap bubble and I’m staring at a blank screen. I turn off the computer, do something else and – POP! The text is back, ready to be typed. Same with comments.

Writing down two or three sentences is taking me ages.

I’m not sure where this comes from. Of course I have seen doctors about this and other health issues I have experienced recently. Without any reasonable result.

I’ll be having two weeks off work in June. There’s a new quilt exhibition at Tuch & Technik in Neumünster, an art project at the Geological Museum in Kiel by an artist I appreciate, and I’m also planning a trip down to Hamburg (Planten un Blomen, their botanical gardens). And an emergency (read: my kitchen) is calling for my attention. Plus thousands of other small things that have been neglected and need to be done.

So I have decided to take June and July off blogging. I will continue with my craft projects at a slightly slower pace and without the commitment of publishing. Nothing will get lost, though.

See you, Jule

Running Out Of TARDIS Blue

My own fault. I had ordered only one skein of that special blue unaware of the fact that I needed two of them. As there were some other colours missing as well I made a new online order at my trusty cross stitch shop. Should be here in a couple of days. (I also ‘needed’ a piece of black Aida for a new and yet secret project of mine.)

I had been looking forward to this long weekend for a while. Another Friday and Monday off, my last two days left from last year. Focus was on cross stitch and I had lined up my current projects side by side to stitch whatever I felt like. Dave the Muse gave me some patterns for Modern Art of which I made one with the background still missing.

Then I began to work on the TARDIS part of my latest Tenth Doctor project. It’s a design from Stitcherydoo that traveled all the way from Down Under about two years ago. I started in November on 16 ct. white Aida using the suggested DMC threads. In my sleepy little hometown all they sell are Anchor and Rico floss so I had to mail order the DMC threads.

Stitch count is 158 x 165. I’ve now decided to complete the right side first after starting in the lower left hand corner because the stitched area will become a little stiff and it’s going to be easier to handle if I stitch from right to left.

I started with this on Friday.

What I made on the weekend

This afternoon I had an appointment in the city center. Afterwards I went for some more floss for the ‘black project’ mentioned above and another skein of dinosaur thread. Also, 30 percent off on Rico floss at the next shop, an offer I couldn’t resist as this meant 0.70 € per skein (approx. 50 p UK/0.78 $ US/1 $ AUS). 50 new and exciting colours jumped into my shopping basket in no time. 🙂

Who Nose?

Like Tom Baker said in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary show. 😉

And that’s what I started with: the nose of the Doctor. The 10th of course. 😀 This is another kit I bought via the internet, I think it was on eBay. This one is from Serenity Designs.

I have changed some of the thread colours. The kit came with DMC 950 and DMC 951, which are so similar that you can’t tell them apart when they’re stitched. The picture below shows how it looked with DMC 950, which I have already replaced by Anchor 1008 in the picture above. For DMC 951 I’ve chosen Anchor 1010.

Another replacement I made for DMC 642 which is kind of a greenish grey that in my opinion didn’t fit into the colour scheme so I’m using Anchor 903 instead, which is more like a brown.

As my boss took some days off recently, there was some time to kill at the office. In which I was quite successful. Look –

About a quarter of the design is done. Now he’s having an appointment at the hairdresser’s. 😉

I Love My Sonic Screwdriver

Pattern by BabyMish, stitched on 25 ct. evenweave with DMC threads

I stitched with the suggested colour choices according to the pattern but I must admit I’m not totally happy, particularly with the flesh tones.

I’ve got another three ’10th Doctor’ projects on the go and one more in my stash. 🙂 And I already know what to do with all of them once they’re complete. But as this will take at least another one or two years I’m keeping this a secret for now.