A couple of months ago I introduced you to one of my Doctor Who cross stitch projects here.
This is what I had in February. In the meantime I almost completed the face and there were only a couple of stitches left. Alas I forgot to take a picture. During the last two weeks or so my embroidery needle turned red hot plotting the background on the left. Actually, I broke my old trusty needle. This is a kit from Designer Cross Stitch, stitched on 14 ct Aida with DMC threads. Sufficient amounts mostly, although I came three stitches short on one of the colours and had to use some nameless thread from my stash.
One more Tenth Doctor kit left to finish. 🙂
I have also added two new gallery pages of my cross stitch projects as well as my David Tennant and Tenth Doctor stuff. You’ll find the gallery widget at the end of the right sidebar.
While I was waiting for the repair work to be done in my flat I spent a couple of hours working on my sixth Doctor Who cross stitch project (DWXS6). The pattern has large areas in single colours. I’ve now completed the first two colours with the face and hand already taking shape.
It’s a little hard to concentrate on almost anything for me these days for reasons mentioned in my last post so I picked up work on my last Doctor Who cross stitch kit. There are large areas in a single colour to stitch across the piece. A little brainless cross stitch is just the right thing at the moment.
Last time –
This time –
Lots of single stitches in different colours made progress a little slower than planned. 🙂
The pattern uses DMC colours which I converted to Anchor threads using a conversion table by Purple Kitty Yarns. A little surprise was waiting for me. According to the table, the matching colour for DMC 3747 was ANC 1020. Maybe not quite the match you would expect. 😉
Luckily, I had some DMC 3747 left in my stash from my previous DW project.
There’s another little colour conversion challenge coming up. I’ll tell you about that next time.