Four of twelve finished. The thread replacement in the reflections works quite well for me.
This time I’m stitching a project so kitschy 😉 that it’s good again – Vintage Glassware, a design by Marie Barber from the April 2017 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.
- replacing the suggested Caron Collection Waterlilies Hand-Dyed Variegated Silk Floss (047 lemon n lime) by some variegated DMC and Anchor floss from my stash
- added backstitching
- using black 16 ct Aida
- stitching from the original colour chart
- without marking off
For the reflection I replaced the suggested Caron Waterlilies 047, using one strand of Anchor 2 and one strand of DMC 99. The original chart doesn’t have backstitching but as I think the contrast could be better in some places I’ll add some later.
Here’s the washed and ironed panel for you (I’m always ironing only after washing to prevent possible stains becoming permanent).
Stitched on 27 ct evenweave with some of the original DMC colours from my stash, but mostly with Anchor replacements. Looks quite like the original – which will not be the case with my next project. I’ll tell you more about that in a couple of days.
For some time now I haven’t been too happy with this ‘all in one’ blog. Although this is fine for most of you, somehow this isn’t for me, I need to keep things separated. My brain only works that way.
So I have been working behind your backs (no knives involved) and made some small changes to this site.
First I have taken the Hometown tab from the header navigation menu, but you can still find it in the footer tag cloud.
Then a little change in the URL of one of my remaining blogs and voilà, a brand new photo blog was born, Jule’s Darkroom. The Darkroom tab in the header menu is now leading there. Not too much going on there at the moment, but this will change with time.
You may have already noticed the Freestyle tab I have added a while ago. Yes, another new blog, jule b – art lab for my experimental stuff. Hopefully, in May you will see some more of that.
And last but not least I have imported almost all of the entries from the UFO Garage & Fabric Depot as well as from From The Boudoir. I simply couldn’t do without them – feeling much better now. But every single entry will have to be edited – the picture URLs are still leading to the old blogs so you might not be able to see them although I can. I’ll update the entries where needed and check the links so you’ll land at your designated destination. – I’m working my way backwards in time. As I write this, 2016 is complete. 335 more to go, but I can only handle a few at a time.
I have added a DaveyDoll page to the galleries. Enjoy!
When I tried to open my oldest blog about a week ago LiveJournal forced me to accept their new Terms Of Service or I wouldn’t able to use my blog anymore. They provided an English translation of the new TOS which in their own words wasn’t legally binding. The original and binding one was in Russian. Also, they referred to a lot of Russian Federal Acts without giving an explanation what they were about and of which of course I had no knowledge.
LJ had been sold to new Russian owners a couple of years ago, but were still hosting the data in the US. After some digging around on the internet I found out that a couple of months ago the LJ servers had been moved fom California to Russia. Of which the users had not been informed.
Well, I had to accept the new TOS – what else. Next thing was trying to import my blog to WP like I did a couple of year ago. But alas, LJ have been blocking their API for quite a while so WP had no access to their data.
Red alert. Rescue mission required. Urgent.
One option was to manually download my blog content without the comments month by month. But the resulting files are unsuitable to import into WP, which I knew. So I bit the bullet and transformed my entries into MS Word files one by one to have at least some kind of backup. More digging on the internet followed, as well as reading the TOS of various other blogging platforms. Finally I decided to try Dreamwidth again. Four years before, at the time LJ went to their new owners I had moved my blog over there but failed to customize it and deleted the account.
DW is operating on the base of LJ’s software code. And luckily I could export my blog to their site. Obviously they had massive import from LJ as they warned people their importing could take up to a couple of days as new import request were queued. Anyway, this was an option to save seven years of blogging so I started my import. All done in five minutes. Everything in place now, cost me one week of work.
I have deleted my LJ blog. Well, sort of. I still have 60 days access to undelete. But this is not going to happen.
While I was in deleting mode I have also permanently deleted seven of my WP blogs yesterday. Don’t worry, nothing important you would miss and still enough left. I saved export files in case I should decide otherwise. There are a couple more that will have to go as soon as I’ve decided what I want to keep. Watch this space.
Off now for something more pleasant.
After seven ‘things with wings’ I’m halfway through the stitching although only six are remaining. One of them is twice the size so it counts for two. 😉