Yesterday I did some preparation work for a couple of projects. This went faster than expected and I had some time left so I finished the next project in the UFO Lottery, Bildstörung, named after it’s resemblance of a broken down TV screen.
This was a group challenge, everyone was given the same fabrics. I never saw one of the other works, I doubt there were any finishes as the group disbanded shortly after that. I didn’t know what to do with the fabrics so I went for the above design. Or, more likely, Dave did. Not one of his best, as he admitted himself – read more here. 😉
After some thinking of cutting the panel apart for something completely different I decided to just sew on the binding regardless of the actual edges that were totally bent. Then I cut back the excess fabric. The backing is made from the same batik fabric as the binding which I have also used in finishing Plan B.
Finished size 59 x 31 cms, English paper piecing, machine embroidery