I finished basting the mini-hexies today and ended up with 3,600 pieces plus one spare. This wasn’t planned beforehand, I just cut everything up and made the paper templates as I went along. A perfect occupation in front of the tv in the evenings. It was a way to salvage the fabrics from an abandoned project. Immediately after I left the old project I started to look for another way of using the fabrics. They were expensive batiks, after all. These little 1 cm (3/8″) hexies were the ideal fit, and although I discarded lots of snippets this wasn’t a total loss. The new project is part of the UFO Lottery, still waiting to be drawn. I’ve got a vague design idea already.