Friday’s second finish is
A machine pieced un-quilt from a pattern inBurda Patchwork (Fall 2015). I made a smaller version with only 14 colours instead of 31. Size is 66 x 68 cms and I used a thin polyester batting like I usually do with batik fabrics. What I had in mind when chosing the fabrics was a mother-of-pearl colourway you’ll find in a paua shell, but it might as well resemble oil on water or a coral reef.
The binding and backing fabric is one of my most cherished batiks and it cost me some willpower to use it. 🙂
I’ve already drawn the next winner, another piece that needs only little time to finish.