Yesterday I pulled out a set of six hand dyed batiks, finally having an idea what to sew from them. I bought the fabrics many years ago at a fair. The maker and vendor was an Austrian lady if I remember it correctly. A second set in rosewood tones has already been made into a top and is waiting for a finish.
The pattern is from an old issue of Patchwork Ideen magazine (Vol. 1/2001), Frühlingsgefühle (Feelings of spring) by Inge Heinze. I cut my strips 5 cm/1″ wide instead of 7.6 cm/3″ wide to get smaller blocks. Also, instead of making 72 squares I only made 36.
And, for the practice part, I managed to get the seams quite decent this time – at least at the right side. 🙂 I’m going to make this into a cushion cover. There must be some matching fabric somewhere in my stash and I know I’ve got a matching zipper in one of my numerous boxes.