‘Emerald’ finished

emerald01Smaragd (Emerald), 49 x 49 cm, started 2007, finished 2016

Last week I had a look at some of my old patchwork magazines and emptied four more collection boxes. I kept some of the patterns, only those with at least a slight chance of getting made in the future. And some pictures for inspiration, everything else is going into the bin. Monday and Tuesday were spent sorting my fabrics.

Emerald was already waiting on top of the UFO Lottery pile. Yesterday I finally managed to zigzag two scraps of batting together. Instead of making the missing pieces for the border I decided to sew on strips for the binding, cut off the excess and call it a day. Time is scarce, there are another ten projects waiting in line. Plus some that are not in the lottery.

I’ve also decided to give up some of my projects, but more of that in a future post.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “‘Emerald’ finished

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s