To those who demanded the Doctor’s head, I can oblige –
Apart from that, you’ll notice I put in some background stitches as well. You really didn’t expect me to bore you with the umpteenth update on the background progress, did you? 😀
As I mentioned last time, I had a little floss conversion issue. The replacement for DMC 3747 should have been Anchor 120 and not 1020. In addition, the replacements for DMC 157 and 159 also were Anchor 120, according to my table. Time for a little improvisation.
I had DMC 3747 in my stash, so I used it. For DMC 159 I used ANC 120 as suggested. Then I replaced DMC 157 with ANC 1031. All of them were background stitches, so it wasn’t crucial to use the exact colour.
And I made another adjustment for DMC 793/ANC 177 and DMC 3838/ANC 176 – I swapped them. It made more sense colourwise to have the darker blue floss moved to the border of the design.
The third Doctor Who cross stitch project finished this year and only two more left – not too bad, methinks. 🙂
And last but not least, please welcome our new member Sue at From the Magpie’s Nest. All the links to the other SAL participants are in the left sidebar as usual. (Edit: not, as I’m no longer I’m participatiing). We are scattered around the world in different time zones so not all the postings show up at the same time. Anyway, their sites are always worth visiting as they all have interesting projects on the go. (Apologies – I forgot to mention this last time.)