In my last post I wrote about recycling the removed parts from some of the wheels.
The orange star ring from the former wheel IX has now found a new home in wheel III. I’ve made a new center ‘disk’ from some orange and yellow fabrics. Wheel III is sitting next to the teal one which is in the upper right hand corner, just above the second big wheel VIII. As my design board was almost covered by the project already, I took the finished part away and am now working my may from top down.
Wheel IX 2.0 is also finished. I kept the pentagon ring as well as the oblong diamonds and cut some new fabrics to replace the center star (now in wheel XVIII) and the star ring which went into wheel III.
I’m still trying to find a colour placement solution for the remaining five wheels. After that, I will add the border patches which are still missing.