Protection is finished!
To take the picture I had to pin it directly to the living room wall as my design wall is still taken by Seams crooked and the hallway is just a couple of inches too narrow. 🙂
It took me three and a quarter hours to appliqué and two and a quarter hours to hand-stitch the border strips to the back. I cheated a little because I used the machine to sew them to the front. No quilting, just two layers of fabric held together by the binding. The ‘wings’ part is made of 600 pieces, the finished size is 116 x 95 cms. I do not sew on labels but I sign my works with a pigma pen.
This project is no. 105 in my list of finished things. I’ve started it in April 2007. When I noticed the gap which wouldn’t make it a full circle I took it apart and sewed it back together again. It had been hibernating since.