Playing With The Baddies

Yesterday I remembered some cuttings from the last Keepsake Quilting catalogue I recently saved. They had some stunning quilts made of batik fabrics. Of which I’ve got some. Two drawers full, to be exact. Plus the ‘Pile of Uglies’ and hard-to-use ones aka the ‘Baddie Bin’.

Today I wanted to play along with the baddies so I’ve decided to be a bad girl myself and start a new project. I need to improve my machine piecing skills, after all. So it’s all for a good cause.

It turned out that a lot of the fabrics went together quite well. I chose one of the KQ projects and began cutting four squares (10 x 10 cms/4 x 4 “) and four strips (3 x 10 cms/1 3/16 x 4 “) from each colour combination.

This is what I’ve got after the first round of cutting. I’m planning to do 100 blocks.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Playing With The Baddies

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s