Dave’s Design Disasters – 1

Hi! Me again.

Being a muse, I always have some new ideas to be made into projects by my assistant J.

Unfortunately, not everything turns out as planned (sometimes it’s not even my fault). So, dear reader, get ready for a new series of mine –

Dave’s Design Disasters

Take this one here. This is from a challenge of J’s former patchwork group. Everyone received the same five fabrics, a fat quarter of each one. The orange one was a problem – what to do? Of course, it was meant to be the ‘accent fabric’. A very bad accent in my humble opinion. I decided to go for a tiny bit of sarcasm and called it ‘Bildstörung’, referring to a broken down TV screen.

My assistant tells me she hasn’t seen one of the other projects finished or even in progress. So I suppose I wasn’t the only one who had trouble with this fabric choice. Ha!

J hand sewed this using the English paper piecing technique. She then machine embroidered the piece with some decorative stitches including its name. I think I’ll have to come up with a very good idea to convince her of finishing it.

 

EDIT: I’ve just noticed the pic is a little blurry. Here’s a detail shot, showing the hand and machine stitching.

DAVE
Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Dave’s Design Disasters – 1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s