With my last entry, I pulled the emergency brake and gave the project a little rest. Somehow machine piecing didn’t work. So I have returned to English paper piecing as usual. I started making new cardboard templates, 1.7 cm square. I’ll need 900 pieces which will fit onto four sheets. Then I did some ripping apart and basting/tacking the fabric swatches to the templates. Luckily, I didn’t have to press the pieces flat again. I’ve already sewn the first four rows into strips. A little care is required because of the fabric’s colour gradation and a slight directional pattern. This is how my pinboard currently looks like. To be continued.