On we go with the ‘Breakdance’ UFO. Colour placement. Hmm. Tricky. My idea planning this piece was: I would use the leftover patches of the beautiful fabrics for another project. The pattern was quickly found. I cut a couple of blocks and made some sample blocks. Yes, like. So I cut some more blocks.
I placed the blocks on my design board with some gaps between them for suiting colours. I cut more and more blocks. But I did no longer like the colour combination. I’ve tried to choose the colours for the remaining blocks so that the colour impression would be different.
All blocks but one are now ready. This is what I’ve got now:
Not really pretty. I’m going to rearrange the blocks over the weekend.